Termingaler

Pig

I finally managed to have a session with my 31mm Nagler last night after owning it for about a month.

I set my scope up about 8 o'clock, it was still a little murky but it cleared about 10:30, the Met office said it would be clear all night so initially I only spent about 30 minutes observing as I wanted to come back out in the early hours to catch Jupiter.

I gave it a quick shot and selected the double cluster from the menu, the GoTo placed it smack bang in the middle of the view as usual and to my delight the double cluster fitted perfectly in the FOV and the contrast was as black as the Deloi, excellent news for me as this is what I was expecting and it immediately justified selling the 34mm Maxi. :smiley:

I also captured Bodes Nebulae the Andromeda Galaxy and had a quick shifty at Cappella & Albireo all were equally impressive even when slewing right across the FOV. The stars were all individually placed and as crisp and sharp as you could wish for.

I did return about 2am but the clouds had completely covered the sky, I stayed up and kept checking outside until 4am, but the clouds were there to stay.

So all in all I am very impressed and more than convinced that I chose the right low powered eyepiece and I know the 31mm will give me all the wide views I was missing out on

Shaun

The views are stunning, sort of HD & 3D in one :smiley:

Most important is that demonic black background, it makes such a difference to what you see :laugh:

I am not exactly sure about the weight Imad but its about 800gr, I use a Half kilo weight to balance it.

(its no where as fat as the Maxi)

That's pretty good. I guess a 31mm for a 9.25 SCT is an ideal combination...you get good field of view, decent light collection and magnification.

I often used the Scopos 35mm on the 6" frac, it gave the HD & 3D effect like you say. However, it is a very hefty piece..about 1.2Kg. On a giro, that's something to consider seriously :)

I have not used the 925 on the Sun as yet so I am going to set the scope up now and check it out,  it is nice and sunny here :smiley:

I will see how many sun spots I can see with the Deloi and the filters :shocked:

Thank you guys,

It was well worth the wait, albeit a very short viewing. Its a shame about the clouds because it was looking very promising earlier on :smiley:

I think I will be using this eyepiece quite often :laugh:

Congrats on your first light with the Terminagler Shaun. The big fat lump is a cracking eyepiece. If you can balance it :D

It also requires some balancing of the bank account :shocked:  :smiley:

It also requires some balancing of the bank account :shocked:  :smiley:

Oh the joys of only buying new :grin:

Still at least it was 15% less expensive than it would have been a few months back, before Tele Vue price reduction.

Nice reprt Shaun, and dear oh dear haven't you had to wait for the first light. I had my 31mm out last night but by 2am I was in bed, when your lucky with the sky like I am you don't need to stay up unless there is something a bit special to see.

I was out a 5am though with the bins, so still and clear enough to make you one of the colours on the Nagler.

Well done,

Alan

Nice reprt Shaun, and dear oh dear haven't you had to wait for the first light. I had my 31mm out last night but by 2am I was in bed, when your lucky with the sky like I am you don't need to stay up unless there is something a bit special to see.

I was out a 5am though with the bins, so still and clear enough to make you one of the colours on the Nagler.

Well done,

Alan

You may find you have an unexpected lodger at sometime in the near future Alan :smiley:

Archived