Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

collimating an 80mm refractor

Hi

I've just removed the front optic from my recently purchased Towa 339 for cleaning. I now need to collimate. The focuser accepts the old .96 EP's. I'm guessing that I wll need a Cheshire EP with the same .96 fitting to ensure exact alignment. Only trouble is I can't seem to find one, plus the fact I don't really know where to look apart from typing    " .96" Cheshire eyepiece" into the search bar, which has so far revealed nothing. I'm beginning to suspect they are only available from the popular 1.25" and above.

I'm also after 2 other items :-

Star Diagonal  I think 45 degree would work better for me than the 90 degree. Are Antares any good?? £29

Basic starting eyepiece. Not after anything spectacular, just something that's relatively bright and clear.

Can anyone offer me some advice please.

Thanks

Tosh

Thanks nephilim

I've actually just printed that off this morning!!  along with the Towa user manual - That's how I now know I need the cheshire EP's.

It looks to be relatively straightforward instructions...ahem...., just need the Cheshire and hopefully I'll be on my way.

p.s is it possible to buy lens caps for both ends. The Towa came with a plastic tub shoved in the end!! Fits great, but I'll add a proper one to the shopping list if I can find one.

Thanks

Tosh

Archived