Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LXD 55

ash

i have seen a LXD 55 SCT 8'' goto for sale £650 Ono with the free ep's.

Anybody any thoughts on them,anything to look out for are they OK for general observing? trying to upgrade from my skywatcher 130pm was looking at either skywatcher 200 or celestron c8-ngt then i seen this and it looks the dogs danggly bits.

any thoughts advice help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

ASH....Merry Christmas to all!

Depends on the age of the lxd55. Fine for visual, but not up to imaging. The one I had did not have any easy potential for autoguiding. The 8" SCT is a good all rounder, (curently use one quite happily). Seems a bit expensive though, (but hard to say too confidently as I have not seen this example)

A new eq5 pro and explorer 200mm newt is just under £900 or the 200mm explorer on heq5 for £525 does make the lxd55/8"sct seeem pricey.

If I had that much to £600+ to spend i'd look around for a while.

well as it happens there is also a skywatcher 200 on a HEQ5 mount with synscan goto with dual crayford focuser for £680...but thats in essex and i am in merseyside(maybe santa can drop it off?) the lxd is in shropshire would the 200 be worth an 8 hour round trip?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

ASH

Archived