Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just Another New Guy, Birmingham, AL (USA)

Liquid360

I've had 8 major back surgeries in the past few years. Unable to work my entire life has become an ocean of free time to kill. Having always had an interest in astronomy it seemed the perfect match. I'd never even looked through a telescope prior to ordering mine. I went to pick it up and was shocked at its size as photos online give no sense of scale. I quickly realized once I unpacked everything that I'd really jumped into the relative deep end of the pool. It's been quite the learning curve. Quickly learned that this hobby carries with it a never ending list of expensive purchases... but I love it thus far. Here's a gear image along with an image of the even more expensive hardware attached to my spine.

Posted ImagePosted Image

- Nate

Birmingham, AL

Hi Nate welcome to the lounge

So glad to see you can pursue this great hobby, you have

got yourself some very nice kit, this forum is a great help to

better our knowledge of the night sky, I'm sure you will have

a good time here. Enjoy!

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

I've had 8 major back surgeries in the past few years. Unable to work my entire life has become an ocean of free time to kill. Having always had an interest in astronomy it seemed the perfect match. I'd never even looked through a telescope prior to ordering mine. I went to pick it up and was shocked at its size as photos online give no sense of scale. I quickly realized once I unpacked everything that I'd really jumped into the relative deep end of the pool. It's been quite the learning curve. Quickly learned that this hobby carries with it a never ending list of expensive purchases... but I love it thus far. Here's a gear image along with an image of the even more expensive hardware attached to my spine.

u9u7yhy9.jpg2urazezy.jpg

- Nate

Birmingham, AL

Hi Nate and welcome to SGL, another back sufferer for the past 45 years, but oh boy, not that bad. Must have been very painful and also expensive your side of the pond. Hope all is well now and you can enjoy your Astronomy :) 

Archived