SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Recommendation's on new camera for a noob

Hiya all, i currently use a pentax K7 and cone to realise its gash for AP.

Im looking at buying a buce shiny new HEQ5 with some tracker system on it, my time so far studying equiptment etc i see almost everyone uses a Cannon of some description i saw a nice EOS 1100D is that any good ?? I mean for over all long exposures etc etc ? Can anyone shed any light on this matter please i would very much appreciate it

The 1100D is a popular camera for imaging. Fairly cheap and, I think, relatively low noise in low light conditions. With a remote timer or suitable control software you can take exposures of any length you choose, although this depends on the accuracy of your mount's tracking (and how accurately you have polar aligned) and whether you are guiding or not. If you are looking at getting an HEQ5 then that is the mount part of the equation sorted.

One of the main reasons for the popularity of Canon DSLRs is the range of control software available.

The 1100D is a popular camera for imaging. Fairly cheap and, I think, relatively low noise in low light conditions. With a remote timer or suitable control software you can take exposures of any length you choose, although this depends on the accuracy of your mount's tracking (and how accurately you have polar aligned) and whether you are guiding or not. If you are looking at getting an HEQ5 then that is the mount part of the equation sorted.

One of the main reasons for the popularity of Canon DSLRs is the range of control software available.

Thanks mate im seriously thinking of getting this 1100D for sure actually looking at one today but im just hanging on incase theres a better model out there my main aim is to DSA nebula,andromeda etc for my wide view Milky way and all ill use my pentax K7 thanks for ur insight appreciate it 

Just bought an 1100D myself this weekend, yet to test it properly but looking forward to what I can achieve although my current rig is probably not going to be upt ot the task I don't think to be able to do what i really want so will need upgrading

Archived