Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 9 Change to booking opening times

A quick message from the powers that be (Daz and Grant), who are currently at Kelling Heath.

The start date for the booking for SGL 9 is being put back a couple of weeks (exact date change will be announced when they return from Kelling). As high traffic is expected for this event, the date change is being made to accommodate SGL members who are attending star parties during the original dates announced.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Steve

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's mucked it up for me then I had to book sunday  13th off weeks ago I doubt I will be able to get the time off for the next  booking date.  (Just thought I would let you know this isn't good for everyone)

it seems to me if we are that short of places should we not be at a bigger site so all that want to go can....

This suggestion has been made before and nobody has yet found a site which could replace the current one...

We have an excellent working relationship with the owners and staff at the current site which have made significant improvements to accomodate us year on year.

Peter...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk 4

it seems to me if we are that short of places should we not be at a bigger site so all that want to go can....

Very easy to say , not so easy to find one that is suitable for our needs , unless you can offer an alternative ?

I suppose more sharing of tents would also help, if members could get together and share a pitch, then more can be accommodated. I realise that finding new sites is hard especially since Lucksall is so nice what with the breakfasts and facilities

Hi Daz,

I will have to change my booking program which blocks all transactions to the SGL booking site until my booking

is completed..... I then free it up for everyone else..... I am so kind...

Keep up the good work.

I agree with Peter that Lucksall is a very good location given the numbers involved.

Cheers

Adrian

I think last year people may have run away at the -19degC wind chill and the tent rippling 40+ mph winds.. combo of car + windbreak with foot long corkscrew pegs took the full force of it.

post-9952-0-00893400-1363341044_thumb.jp

Icicles at dawn the next morning.

I think last year people may have run away at the -19degC wind chill and the tent rippling 40+ mph winds.. combo of car + windbreak with foot long corkscrew pegs took the full force of it.

Icicles at dawn the next morning.

Think it was whats called 'character building'.

Apologies for being so daft, but if I was wanting to book for SGL9 when the booking opens, how do I know which pitch I need to ask for? The reason I say "ask for" is that after reading through the threads for previous years it says that when you submit your request, with SGL Username you should also state your preference for pitch. I am struggling to find a map of the pitches. I can find the map of the site on Lucksall's own web-site but I presume the allocations are slightly different for the star party.

Please put an idiot out of his misery

Ian

I've never been. Is there any accommodation other than take your own ? I haven't got a tent

Kerry

It's a caravan and camp site so unless you've got a caravan instead of a tent.......... :)

I'm fairly sure there are some very good B&B's nearby.

Is it a child friendly event? Are children welcome. I have 7 and 8 year old boys who keep badgering me to take them to a star party.

Dave, Quite a few of us take our little darlings; gives them someone to play with :)

Any update on when booking will commence yet? At the very least the banner for the event should be taken down of the home page for the time being.

Also

Lucksall had another field next to the rally field, if there's leccy to those pitches now couldn't we use in there too?

Archived