SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

baader lvi smartguider 2 vs skywatcher synguider.

Hi,i was thinking of buying a skywatcher synguider as i dont want to use a laptop outside and ive also seen a baader lvi smartguider 2,does anyone have any experiance or know if the baader lvi smartguider 2 is easy to use?

Thanks 

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

I've got the LVI 2. When I read the manual it sounded really complicated and lots of steps. but when I used it outside for the first time, it was actually quite easy. the hard part was to point to a bright star and the problem was that I was using a finderscope bracket, so the movement of the guidescope was very limited. now built guidescope rings and it is new very easy. even when I pick a star up to about 10 degrees offset the result is good.

I have never used a skywatcher synguider. It is much cheaper but the reason I picked the LVI2 with MGA to be able to control the DSLR directly with it (have not doe that part yet thought)

Naeim

Archived