sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Hello--a bit confused by site

I'm new to Stargazer's lounge, though not new to Astronomy, an on and (rarely) off love of mine for over 50 years. I usually hang out at Cloudy Nights--so hello to all here!

I have recently become interested in astrophotography, and am at the stage where I want to figure out how to be able to control my scope and camera from my laptop. My first impression of the site shows that there are no topic threads--is there a way to view by topic (i.e. Beginner Astrophotography)? If not, what's a good way to search for information? Just ask questions? 

Thanks for any replies!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the forum. There is just so much information on this site it can be a bit tricky trying to locate just what you need!  :grin: Don't forget there is the search button at the very top right hand corner of your screen that allows you to type in keywords/phrases that can further narrow down areas of interest.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Thanks to all for the hearty welcome! It finally dawned upon me that this is mainly a UK site (nothing wrong with that, love the UK and have relatives there). I am slowly exploring the site, ramping up my post count, and looking forward to being a good citizen here and to learn a lot about imaging!