Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Odd adapter ring wanted! Anyone saw one like this?

Hello,

I want to bolt a camera to my focuser. So I star with T2 at the camera end to a 48mm adapter ring, widening the barrel to fit a SW FF/FR 55mm later. This then bolts via an adaptor ring into the Moonlite 68mm thread to form a rock solid assembly.

There's just one problem... Is there a way to get a filter in the train? What I'd like is a 48mm intermediate ring, male one end and female the other that has an internal 1.25" fitting for a filter.

I've seen a similar product that had the female thread plus the filter fitting, but it was flat at the telescope end, ie no thread that continued - it was clearly designed to go in a drawtube to be clamped.

Well, threads are the new brass clamps....

Anyone saw something like this? Or do I have to special order??? Might as well get a filter wheel probably for that kind of money...

/Jesper

You are probably right Mike.

Perhaps I should drop a line to Atik and suggest that theyput a little thread on the internal plate that sits around the sensor. Or perhaps I can solder a filter on there :grin:  :grin: :grin: ! 

I'm slowly putting a tripple NB rig together so I thought I'd start with dedicated Ha/OIII/SII scopes - saves me dosh on the wheels, and I don't think I will need to foucus more than a couple of times a month :smiley: .

/Jesper

If it's a relatively fixed installation, I found this that might be an economical solution ..... a simple ring that is sandwiched between the T-thread fittings and takes a 1.25" filter.

http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_tfa1.htm

It also brings the filter close to the camera sensor, which could be important depending on size of the sensor and f/ratio of the system.

Adrian

If it's a relatively fixed installation, I found this that might be an economical solution ..... a simple ring that is sandwiched between the T-thread fittings and takes a 1.25" filter.

http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_tfa1.htm

It also brings the filter close to the camera sensor, which could be important depending on size of the sensor and f/ratio of the system.

Adrian

Now that looks very handy - great find.

Archived