How do you De-Bayer OSC images?

Curious to know how one DE-bays their One shot Colour images using whatever graphic program? Which is best for this?

Is there set rule/s to get the full colour from these cameras?

It's just that I've been given an SXVR M25C and need to now what to do after I've taken a shot of say, a nebula or a galaxy?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JaBar

Not sure I understand the question...

Image aquisition programs ( ie AstroArt) usually handle the colour chips very well and present a full colour image on the screen....

If you want to work on the individual RGB images - just use the "split RGB"  command......

Does that assist???

Not sure I understand the question...

Image acquisition programs ( ie AstroArt) usually handle the colour chips very well and present a full colour image on the screen....

If you want to work on the individual RGB images - just use the "split RGB"  command......

Does that assist???

I have the HST's FITS Liberator so that may work, but AA does not give you any up front colour. One does get a tinge of colour in Neb.3, but not AA. However, I'll try your suggestions.

I'll also ask on the new Yahoo AA5 user group.

AA5 worked well for me, as Ken suggests. Use CCD colour synthesis but you may need to experiment with the offset settings which tell the software which pixels are which colours.

You should dark and flat calibrate the individual files before combining but I think AA5 now does this automatically.

To debayer flats first make a master flat using a set of subs which should be calibrated by subtracting a master bias as if this were a dark frame.

Then with the master flat open in AA5 go to Image-Shift and put 0.5 into both axes. This will take out the matrix.

At the capture stage you can't see any sgnificant colour.

Olly

Archived