Celestron Sky Q adaptor users - Help !!

Telescope40

Hi All.  Recently bought one of these adaptors for my CG5 Gt mount.  Lets say I'm having a few technical issues.  Wonder if anyone can give me a full rundown of their set up alignment procedure.   I'll explain the problem I seem to have.   Its the alignment procedure thats the issue.

Connect to wifi  - check

Connect my i phone to adaptor - check

Select my first alignment star - I get three options on my phone -  Center scope -  Centered in Finder ( in Green) - Center view.   Pretty sure at this point I have to center my chosen start in the finder.  So far, i have been hitting Center scope and the mount takes off.  Doesnt seem to end up very close to selected star but not too purturbed by this as presume I noe have to help the mount a little manually.

Problem seems to be that I cant seem to get the mount to move by using the 4 directional arrows that show on my I phone screen.  I'm thinking this is the manual bit - once centered the star in my Finder, I hit the centered in Finder  option and the phone then shows center in eyepiece.  Sounds quite logical !! 

Presume I do this and center the star in my eyepiece and move onto the next alignment star.    

Really after a full rundown of the align procedure if anyone has a foolproof  checklist.  I mean "foolproof" as i'm I am obviously having a "Homer" moment that I do from time to time.

Many thx in advance, as always    John

Archived