Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

NIGHTBOY

Meeting with Jupiter in the morning...

Set the scope up but cloudy. Looks more promising for the small hours .... and Jupiter. Still my favourite

Kerry

Good effort!! I setup alarm for 4am and it never went off!!!! What camera was that taken with??

Good effort!! I setup alarm for 4am and it never went off!!!! What camera was that taken with??

Thanks. Seeing wasn't good, loads of air turbulence :( I used Neximage 5 which I'm still trying to figure out. As my first attempt, I'm very happy with it :)

It was good from my back garden! From 2am Jupiter was high enough above the fence for me to get a good view, I saw 3 of the moons too. After playing around with different eye pieces I going that the 6mm wide angle worked best showing the lines round he planet, I was viewing it in a pretty bad light polluted sky but I could still make out some detail. I was going to hand around for mars but it was just too cold!

Glad you got him in the bag. I would agree with previous comments that the 6mm at 200x is best if conditions permit. Anything more needs crystal conditions but sure you know more about it than I will!

I caught Jupiter at 5 on Saturday morning; was a little overcast but enough to improve planetary seeing. Was a lovely rewarding experience.......again! I never tire of looking at it and the moons just add lots of excitement. Happy viewing :)