Two small discs

Scooot

My east, south east horizon is blocked by some tall conifers so I hadn't been able to see Uranus so far this year. I was out later tonight so I was able to catch it higher in the South. The seeing must have been quite good because I picked it out with the Nagler but had a perfect disc with the 10mm barlowed at 240 mag. I wasn't using the platform so it raced across the field of view. It was quite mesmerising so I nudged the dob back several times to watch it. I had a similar experience with Neptune, although smaller, in my mind they looked very similar tonight even colour wise.

It was very pleasing to see them again, distant planets from my garden.

Nice report Richard  :smiley:

I've not seen Uranus and Neptune for a while as I have awkwardly positioned conifers and nearby houses. I'll make an effort to observe a bit later on the next clear night and say "hello" to these distant worlds again  :smiley:

Archived