Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello folks

EssexBeast

Hello, I'm Tim, I've come to astronomy a bit late in life after inheriting a battered old pair of binoculars from my dad! 

I normally get back from work to Essex about 2am most mornings and find myself studying the night sky, really haven't got a clue a the moment but this forum is a great help.  I've also got Steve Tonkin's book on order and I can say I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for a great forum, Tim.

Hi Tim welcome to the lounge

bins, (binoculars) are the best way to learn your way

around the night sky, Steve Tonkin's site is a great 

place to pick up all the information you need, and the

current views to observe, I bet the book is superb, must

order myself a copy.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi, Tim, and welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already, I can recommend downloading 'Stellarium' - a free planetarum software which will help show where things are in the night sky, and how to find them. It's customisable for your own location and conditions, and dowloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps,

Martin

Hi Tim welcome to the lounge

bins, (binoculars) are the best way to learn your way

around the night sky, Steve Tonkin's site is a great 

place to pick up all the information you need, and the

current views to observe, I bet the book is superb, must

order myself a copy.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks Ron,

Bins will have to be the way to go for me, I'm on the move a lot.

I've signed up for Steve's newsletter, and apart from a couple of issues of Sky at Night mag,

he's book will be my first.  Kind of like going back to school and learning something new!

Hi, Tim, and welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already, I can recommend downloading 'Stellarium' - a free planetarum software which will help show where things are in the night sky, and how to find them. It's customisable for your own location and conditions, and dowloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps,

Martin

Thanks Martin,

I downloaded Stellarium yesterday, that's amazing, I don't even consider myself particularly au fait with computers.  All I need now is for the clouds to clear over sunny Essex! :smiley:

Archived