SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Motorised focuser

I was looking for an electric focuser and since i'm pretty inventive and handy with tools and such, I came across a non-battery operated electric focuser that is cheap, easy to make and can be mounted to any type of focuser out there.

It's made out of two RC servos. Just Google "Non-battery operated electric focuser" and you'll get a lot of hits on how to make one.

Spinning one servo (the one you hold in your hand) sends an electric charge to the other servo's motor and turns it, which in turn turns whatever focuser it's mounted to. I'll try to post pics of the one I made for my ETX (although the idea works on any style focuser).

I think that was a  source who later said that perhaps they were not being discontinued, if we saw the same post.

I've fitted the SW focus motor to a dual-speed focuser, it came with a bracket for that type (apparenly it never used to and only had a bracket for the single speed).

Archived