Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hitesh

I've lost my tripod spreader!!!

Well it's all in the title, I seem to have misplaced my the spreader on my az eq6 tripod, is it a big deal if so where can I get a new one?

Please help guys!!!

Your supplying Retailer would be my first port of call

Oh no, that's a big deal... Check with retailer. Else, some DIY will be required. Not difficult though... Try finding local fabrication shops, someone might help...

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

The spreader does stiffen the setup. They can be bought on line or a DIY done easy enough. Somewhat circular piece of plywood with a hole in the middle and some notches cut out to line up with the legs.

Well I'm going call the retailer tomorrow morning and hopefully they will have good news for me

Woooohoo i can rest easy i've found the spreader, turns out the missus thought it was junk and threw it in the bin, good thing its not a thursday, or i'd be really screwed.

Woooohoo i can rest easy i've found the spreader, turns out the missus thought it was junk and threw it in the bin, good thing its not a thursday, or i'd be really screwed.

Better introduce your missus to all your other toys just so she knows what not to throw away. :smiley:

Already done, to the extent she can put everything together and then take it down again!! How cool is that?!

I would use this as justification for your next scope purchase....cue evil laugh...

I made a spreader its lower and can be rotated through 60 degrees so it acts as a leg holder to help when carrying the eq6 tripod , I would make a replacement even though you have found the original.