Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Helios

Saturn 1-1-06

My First Saturn since may last year..

Helios 8ins F5 Reflector, atik 1-c, neodymium filter, ir block filter and 3 X Barlow

There's two images taken with slightly different settings although i think the focus was just a bit out..

Still I'm happy with result :clouds2:

Martin

image.jpg

image.jpg

good go Martin , the seeing is,nt that great eh at the moment, we keep trying though . nice start to the saturn season ,

Rog

Very nice Martin :clouds2:

As Rog says, a great start to the season !!

Nice image! WOW.

Does a 3x Barlow have to be really top of the range for it to give a clear image? Or i suppose I should be asking - will a cheap 3x barlow give a really useless image??

I'm thinking of breaking my piggy bank to get one.

SG - save up and buy the quality one. This is all you can do to affect the light coming into your eye. You can't change the seeing, you can't change the optical configuration of the scope, so make sure you make the absolute best of the available light.

I have a cheap Antares 2x which came with my starter EP set, and an Orion Shorty 2x - the difference is obvious.

Just MHO :clouds2:

Nice image! WOW.

Does a 3x Barlow have to be really top of the range for it to give a clear image? Or i suppose I should be asking - will a cheap 3x barlow give a really useless image??

I'm thinking of breaking my piggy bank to get one.

The Barlow that i use is a x3 Tal Barlow (#452) Cost £35.00 from Sherwood's i have had some excellent results with it especially with Jupiter...but i suppose a more expensive one will get a slightly crisper image..

Martin