Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Video Astronomy - Star Party

Spacedout

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everybody is ready for next Saturday?

Do bring plenty of warm clothing and food/drink - we do have a kettle!

I've just made a list of what to bring, hmmm, looks like everything including kitchen sink.

Whats the plan of a attack when we get there.  Do we park the cars in the carpark and come and see you Peter first or a member?

I'll still will have a drive up there just in case the weather program is telling porkies

It tells Porkies here a lot John.

Our club members have learnt not to totally believe our forecasts.

Often when it says rain we have fantastic clear nights.

I hope the same happens for you blokes.

It tells Porkies here a lot John.

Our club members have learnt not to totally believe our forecasts.

Often when it says rain we have fantastic clear nights.

I hope the same happens for you blokes.

other way round here, raining or cloudy. no win situation. :mad:

Hello All,

Unfortunately I now cannot make this one due to work!  It has gone a bit mad the last couple of weeks and I’m completely snowed under.  Gutted as come rain or shine I was up for it!  I have so many questions and was looking forward to pestering everyone to pass on their hard earned knowledge but alas it’s a no can do! 

I would not worry about the weather as the forecasts are always wrong and it could end up the clearest night this year!

Anyway I hope all who do get chance to go have a great time and hope to make the next one :sad:

Regards

Karl

I think I will have to give it a miss this time  :huh:My plan was to get there before dark and set up and then stay until around 11 pm ish. looking at the forecast it may not clear until that time ? Have you been over before Johnno its worth a visit even if its clouded out  :smiley:

Just like to thank Peter and members for last night , showing me around and looking through  that little scope in the top corner. :grin: , never seen one in the flesh and didn't realize how big they were, the EP was nearly as big as a my mak127.

Pity about the weather earlier on, driving up there it was absolutely tipping it down. I didn't set anything up when I got there due to the weather, even rained again for a short while and a bit of mist was rolling in,though there was even ground and flags laid down for the mounts to stand on, the grass was too sodden and muddy to put the equipment on it. but still had a good time and having a chat.

When it did clear up later on I didn't realize how much light pollution I have at home [ I've never stargazed anywhere except at home ] compared to Peter's place completely different skies, must be about 3 quarter different, so Peter and some others members gave me a quick tour of the skies.

Well the weather forecast  was right, it was darn cold last night and the car was frozen over when I was leaving and had to force the doors open because of the earlier rain had frozen in the door channels.

Anyway thanks Peter just a pity about the weather.

Oh and red dwarf82 Mathew showed me his PD1 images on his pc and must say they look great compared to how they looked on here when he posted them in another thread, you would think that they were taken with different camera's

. . .  it was darn cold last night and the car was frozen over when I was leaving and had to force the doors open because of the earlier rain had frozen in the door channels. . . 

Wow John, that's COLD!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time and got to see some stuff.

Fantastic!

Archived