Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Video Astronomy - Star Party

Spacedout

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the spirit guys!  If anyone else is up for the general concept then please say eye!  If enough people are interested at least with the idea then I'm sure Peter will come up with some dates and we can get something planned. 

Steve my uncle is intrested as well .

Looks like me , Chris/hoops and John for mugdock park next week if its ok.

..Davy

Sure Davy the more folk the better. :) I'll PM you some details over the weekend.

I'm definitely up for an AV star party but unfortunately I'll be at the Galloway star camp on 9th of Nov so won't be able to make it, if that's the final date. No reason why I couldn't make the next one though! :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Love It ...no even had first n your lookin for a second and why not......need to see how work pans out for me going but think its a brilliant idea and a great location and many thanks to peter for the offer of the site,,? Just shows how far av has come in the last year. ..our own star party.who would have thought it.....Davy

Right had a word with Peter and the 9th November would seem to be a good date with the moon in its first quarter.

But please be aware we are open every Saturday evening to visitors, but they are mainly gone by about 11 ish, then we get to play.

How does that seem to people?

Excellent news Keith and count me in!  Would this just be the Saturday Night or Friday also?

Excellent news Keith and count me in!  Would this just be the Saturday Night or Friday also?

Hi

We thought the Sat night going into Sunday morning.

Hence the warning that we are also open to the public Sat night as normal.

We are normally open Saturday afternoon, maybe some Sun videoing might be possible?

Hi

We thought the Sat night going into Sunday morning.

Hence the warning that we are also open to the public Sat night as normal.

We are normally open Saturday afternoon, maybe some Sun videoing might be possible?

Okay thanks Keith this only makes my sales pitch to the boss that much easier!  In my opinion the fact that this open to the public is even better as we will have an audience and the more the merrier.  One of the bonuses of using a large monitor is no queuing at the eyepiece for those interested.  I personally have never viewed the Sun through a telescope so I'd be hanging round for that too!

Sounds interesting. I've been to the Astronomy Centre once, and donated some equipment to Peter & Co in the past. Great site, facilities and friendly folk too. Not sure of my calendar as I write, but I think the 9th Nov is free at the moment.

Also seen your postings in the Mallincam group Karl (starp1l0t on Yahoo); nice to see more peeps getting into VA in the UK.

RE: Mini projectors; I recently projected my Mallincam on the outside of one of the domes at COAA, the astronomy vacation place in the Algarve (I was the only Astroguest that night). Quite effective; see the following Flickr set: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHJQb4n

Regards,

Andrew Dumbleton

MCX Class 0 and Samsung SCB2000 VA cameras, C8, AZ-EQ6-GT

Cheers Davy. Not getting the practice in with it due to work commitments recently, but hoping I get to gain more experience next week at the Kelling Heath Star Party. Shielded in my pop-up tent of course ;-)

Thanks for the great forum.

Andrew Dumbleton

G'day Karl,

I made it here. Also did an Intro in the 'Welcome' section  :grin:

I wish you all the best on getting your Video Star Party up and running.

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken,

Glad to see you on here and welcome to our little VA section!  Since taking joining myself I've had nothing but good friendly advice and support and I know you will find the same welcome. 

Love the bike too :)

Regards

Karl

Sounds interesting. I've been to the Astronomy Centre once, and donated some equipment to Peter & Co in the past. Great site, facilities and friendly folk too. Not sure of my calendar as I write, but I think the 9th Nov is free at the moment.

Also seen your postings in the Mallincam group Karl (starp1l0t on Yahoo); nice to see more peeps getting into VA in the UK.

RE: Mini projectors; I recently projected my Mallincam on the outside of one of the domes at COAA, the astronomy vacation place in the Algarve (I was the only Astroguest that night). Quite effective; see the following Flickr set: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHJQb4n

Regards,

Andrew Dumbleton

MCX Class 0 and Samsung SCB2000 VA cameras, C8, AZ-EQ6-GT

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to you too sir and I hope you can make the 9th!  I have never been myself but looking at the website I'm very much looking forward to visiting.  I saw your posts also Andrew and your mini projector inspired me to get one although it was just a cheap one of EBay.

Once again a warm welcome and looking forward to your participation :)

Best regards

Karl

Archived