Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Video Astronomy - Star Party

Spacedout

4 hours from Bedford, I used to commute from there before moving up here.

Thanks Peter, I must have had traffic issue last trip to Manchester!  I just checked though and route planner says 3,16 minutes up the A1 and avoiding the dreaded M6 so no sweat! 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris .....if sir pat hadn't been on a film show...I'd have thought I went in the rang door...came away wae head like a skelpt ........ ( you know the blank).....there's a wee swaree over the dyke you could take yer wee monster too..get it christened. ..lol...Davy

Hahaha I have always wondered what they are like. I always just figured I would look totally out of place and be like 4 generations younger than everyone lol

Where is the dyke? Dying to get first light with this old dinosaur! The weather really is just taking the #### at the moment!!!

Hadrians wall...as for four generations..aye right yer prob 42 n three stane overweight n bald as a coot like the rest of us..lol ....you know you ain't gettin out wae yer scope till December. He he....buy a new scope syndrome. ...Davy

Ahhhh ok I got you! Hahahaha nah not quite there yet…give me 15 more years and im sure that description won’t be too far off tho :)

Don’t joke! This gash weather is burning a hole in my wallet! Ive spent way more time looking for stuff to buy than actually observing recently!

Hadrians wall...as for four generations..aye right yer prob 42 n three stane overweight n bald as a coot like the rest of us..lol ....you know you ain't gettin out wae yer scope till December. He he....buy a new scope syndrome. ...Davy

you crack me up Davy.. :grin:

I went to a local astronomy club couple of week ago.....never again.

Davey never been to a club either but if you'd like to get out observing with other folk in Central Scotland there's a subtle hint in my signature!! :grin: 

I believe there's a wee session planned at the beginning of October (depending on weather) at Mugdock Park plus there's plenty of short notice sessions through the east when the skies are looking good for an evening.  :smiley:

Back to the main topic - a star party for AV fans sounds like a great plan, I am heading to the Kielder and Galloway star camps in Nov which will be great fun but i was thinking about leaving the AV kit at home as I don't think folks would appreciate my bright monitor!!  :smiley:

Star parties have quite a few imagers, so can't see a problem, keep the brightness down and shield the screen. When people realise what you can see they'll come over and stay there. Any chance of anyone conning a bit further south??

Cheers

Prter

Thanks ...Ile take you up on offer of the mugdock park and round about...Chris / hoops would be up for it too I bet ....Davy

Good stuff Davey, yeah Chris as well. If you join CSOG you'll get access to the observing sessions section which can keep you up to date with events, i can let you know on here as well. So it will either be next Fri/Sat/Sun night for Mugdock park, obviously which ever night looks like the best weather wise.  :smiley:

Star parties have quite a few imagers, so can't see a problem, keep the brightness down and shield the screen. When people realise what you can see they'll come over and stay there. Any chance of anyone conning a bit further south??

Cheers

Prter

Thanks Peter, yeah I might take it anyway and see if I can find a secluded spot, alternatively I can always just hide it behind my mates 16" dob, I won't be buying a projector though!!  :grin:

Also Peter if we do get something sorted for a AV star party, it'll be a 4 hour drive for me South and about 4 hours for you North so I'd say the Astronomy Centre is perfectly in the middle!!  :smiley:

Aye n mind bring a pint of milk for the tea.

Lol

..Davy

Milk for the TEA Davy.... A star party is not the same without a nice single malt.... bring the classes Peter!  :grin: (well you've got to do something when it's cloudy)

Good stuff Davey, yeah Chris as well. If you join CSOG you'll get access to the observing sessions section which can keep you up to date with events, i can let you know on here as well. So it will either be next Fri/Sat/Sun night for Mugdock park, obviously which ever night looks like the best weather wise.  :smiley:

Thanks Peter, yeah I might take it anyway and see if I can find a secluded spot, alternatively I can always just hide it behind my mates 16" dob, I won't be buying a projector though!!  :grin:

Also Peter if we do get something sorted for a AV star party, it'll be a 4 hour drive for me South and about 4 hours for you North so I'd say the Astronomy Centre is perfectly in the middle!!  :smiley:

Agreed Steve, the location is perfect for so I hope this thing happens as I'm well up for it!

Archived