Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

chazbear

homemade 6inch reflector on tripod mount

hi all

as promised a while ago this is the result of about a year and a halfs worth of project my 6inch f8 reflector .here is on image that I took last night 21 sept abt 10.30..to me its not too bad but always room for improvement.i may .  have overcooked the image slightly but there will be plenty more nights to get better results.A25mm eyepiece was used and a small Olympus digital camera

regards chazbearpost-3328-0-58105700-1379882842_thumb.jppost-3328-0-57949700-1379882867_thumb.jppost-3328-0-08873100-1379882889_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very well done :)  I've often thought I'd like to make my own scope.  Did you grind the primary mirror yourself?

hi gina

im afraid the answer is no...that task felt a bit scary and very time consuming may be one day....I just bought the various bits ...the primary and secondary..the focuser....and the guide scope.Appart the rest I made my self the tube...spider and the mirror cell and set it up myself

thanks for asking if there is anything else you wish toknow don't hesitate to ask

regards chazbear