Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

NIGHTBOY

What do you dob users sit on???

Last night I was off and on an old garden chair all night, up down up down etc et....

Is there a preferred pump up stool used by the Dob mob???

Drum throne. Fully adjustable and will actually take my weight unlike ironing chairs ;)

• Like 2

I stand. I'll probably get a chair at some point as it's not very good for my back, but at the moment it's fine.

I use an ironing chair - or rather two ironing chairs set at different heights - then all I need to do is swap them depending how high the eyepiece is. :)

I have had one of these for a good few years now. It saves your back no end, and I have always found it adjusted to what I wanted to look at.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leifheit-Niveau-71326-Multi-Chair-Silver/dp/B001BKYBXA/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1379869595&sr=1-2&keywords=leifheit+ironing+chair

I use the very same thing. I bought mine at a car boot sale for £3 :)

I use a piercing stool which adjust from 27mm to 57mm perfect for my 10" Dob, Also have a royal reclining camping chair which has headrest included which is great  for useing your binoculars with!, It also has a mug holder for your  tea/coffee etc!  :smiley:

I found online, dimensions for something called a 'Lybar seat'. It's basically 4 pieces of wood screwed together. It gives you 3 different heights and it cost me the grand total of zero pounds as I had some spare timber. You'll find the plan for it on Google, just type in Lybar seat.

Clear skies

Ally

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I use a piercing stool which adjust from 27mm to 57mm perfect for my 10" Dob, Also have a royal reclining camping chair which has headrest included which is great  for useing your binoculars with!, It also has a mug holder for your  tea/coffee etc!  :smiley:

sounds painful. and also very small. :grin:

• Like 1

Has anyone said 'inside on the couch' yet.........damn clouds.........

I found online, dimensions for something called a 'Lybar seat'. It's basically 4 pieces of wood screwed together. It gives you 3 different heights and it cost me the grand total of zero pounds as I had some spare timber. You'll find the plan for it on Google, just type in Lybar seat.

Clear skies

Ally

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

I believe LYBAR stands for lift your butt and rotate, or something along those lines. I looked at these and for the the most part, would be fine. On the ODD occasion that I may have imbibed, balance may be an issue and thought it best to have something that is a little more 'forgiving'.

Barry

Edited by Bart
  • Like 1