SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Second attempt at solar imaging

The_PSY3NTIST

Hi again everyone

Finally got the PST out today for a go at imaging. Visually the sun looked amazing. But I just can't seem to get any clear images. Not sure if it's capture or processing or both. Has anyone got any links to any useful tutorial websites? I'm Using a neximage CCD and a 40mm pst so know I should be getting much better than this. Will be having the dmk21 b+w sensor fitted to the neximage this month so hopefully that will help.

Thanks

Posted Image

Thanks.. I'll get there lol. I'm using the colour CCD but plan to send it off to Astronomiser in the very near future to get the B+W sensor fitted. I've been looking at the 0.5 modification to help with focus. I find the pentaprism a pain to use but then again I'm not used to it as I've only used the scope a hand full of times. Wonderful experience though this h-alpha viewing :)

Archived