Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1805 and IC1848 (Heart and Soul) mosaic - 6 pane Ha / OIII

swag72

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, images like this need recognition. Come on, this is dedicated, committed, passionate. 70.5 hours. A couple of years ago, how often did we see that? We didn't. But this is the way forward for amateurs to show what is out there.

We used to have POW on here, though it was a murderous task for those charged with managing it. However, I don't think may of us would have fancied our chances aganst this piece of work!

Olly

Come on Olly.

For this sort of detail and image you need plenty of clear skies,which i imagine both your self and Sara gets.

I just came back from Greece,where it was crystal clear for 12 out of the 14 days.

70hrs would proberly take you a year over here,and in drips and draps.

I,m taking nothing away form Sara,s image,the processing is amazing,and does deserve high praise,but back home in the UK,we are so up against it,i would not spend that time on one image.

Others may feel diferently.

Mick.

I love mosaics, this is a great pic, strong contrasty details, we know what that / those 3nm filters can pull out of the sky. I'm not a hubble pallete fan, so this is a nice colour rendition to my eyes. Excellent dedication on capturing 70hrs of data.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your comments. I'm sat in alibrary in *sunny* UK, catching up on some stuff looking forward to my Spanish return tomorrow!

It's nice that so many like it. 70 hours was still a slog in Spain, granted not like the UK, but this has been on going since July and I've not imaged anything else since.

It's nice that the palette I have has negated the need for SII and so 12 less nights needed!!!

Come on Olly.

For this sort of detail and image you need plenty of clear skies,which i imagine both your self and Sara gets.

I just came back from Greece,where it was crystal clear for 12 out of the 14 days.

70hrs would proberly take you a year over here,and in drips and draps.

I,m taking nothing away form Sara,s image,the processing is amazing,and does deserve high praise,but back home in the UK,we are so up against it,i would not spend that time on one image.

Others may feel diferently.

Mick.

Of course a southern climate offers a huge advantage but Sara resisted the temptation for settle for less and move on to a new target. She could easily have done this, we'd still have admired the image, but she didn't do that. I think that is the message and the point I was trying to reinforce. 

Olly

• 4 weeks later...

Very pleased to see this as Picture of the Month in November's Astronomy Now magazine (though Dave Watson - also in Spain- must be gutted that it pipped his excellent M31 to accolade).

Well done Sara - very richly deserved recognition for a stunning image.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived