Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1805 and IC1848 (Heart and Soul) mosaic - 6 pane Ha / OIII

swag72

This has been on going for some time now, and wasn't even planed in the infancy stage when I took separate images of the Heart and Soul nebula. It just seemed to make sense to join them up and so a 3x2 pane mosaic was born.

This is a combination of Ha and OIII. Total integration time is totalling 70.5 hours.

I've done this in my rather usual fetching colours of orange and blue!! If you've seen my colour scheme before and don't like it, click to another page ......... now!!!

Details

M: HEQ5 / Avalon Linear Fast Reverse

T: Takahashi FSQ85 0.73x

C: Atik 460EXM with 3nm Ha and OIII filters

This is 70x 1800s in Ha and 71x1800s in OIII.

post-5681-0-99561200-1379762815_thumb.jp

A bigger res image can be seen here http://swagastro.weebly.com/uploads/2/3/3/7/23377322/heart_and_soul_mosaic_-_nb.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phenomenal Sara!

What's wrong with a signature palette? The data looks impeckable, and it's a mosaic master class.

I'm just running my firts ever OIII sub, keen to get narrow banding. 72 hours though is what I get in a year....

/Jesper

Seriously, images like this need recognition. Come on, this is dedicated, committed, passionate. 70.5 hours. A couple of years ago, how often did we see that? We didn't. But this is the way forward for amateurs to show what is out there.

We used to have POW on here, though it was a murderous task for those charged with managing it. However, I don't think may of us would have fancied our chances aganst this piece of work!

Olly

Thanks all - Serious praise indeed :smiley:

@Daniel - I enjoy doing mosaics. They seem daunting when you start, but once you have a work flow sorted, they're quite fun.

@msh1 - I'd love to do a tutorial, in fact I am hoping to work towards something like that on my website, but my processing is still very haphazard at the moment. It varies so much, there's little consistency in it apart from the HOO image and the H(G)O image and blended. I have so far not found a need for SII data, which is a time bonus!

This is mighty, Sara ...... hugely impressive!

Olly makes a good point. I remember when I started some years ago, it seemed quite normal to image three or four objects per night; the idea of dedicating even a whole night to one object would have seemed extreme. Well, now we know better!

Adrian

Hi Sara,

Top Draw, what more can i say thats already been said.  Very well done and to your dedication.   i imaged this with my 70-200 canon lend and QSI last week, its good and posted on ukai,  but its no way near the class that you have produced.

Also,  I would say another tick for the Avalon Mount.   How are you finding it now.

Paul J

Archived