Blunt Sun in White Light 19/09/2013

Luke

These are my first processed images from my new 1.25 inch Lunt Herschel Wedge. We already have a very nice Baader Herschel Wedge, but it's a chunky beast. Also, with Sarah, my other half, just as crazy about solar imaging and viewing, we thought it would be great if one of us could image in white light while the other observes.

It also means I can do some white light during lunch :wink:

9850826136_94ce9251a3_c.jpg

9850735084_4915c78197_c.jpg

I had a bit of trouble with blur on this one, which I think was more conditions or user error as the view through the eyepiece is fab. it gives a very sweet full disc with the ED80. I thought I'd try a colour hazy look for fun in view of my battle with the blur!

---
19/09/2013
Celestron Onyx 80mm / Lunt Wedge / Grasshoppper 3 (ICX687)

Thanks, guys. I think/hope where I was going wrong is that I let Autostakkert pick where it placed the image stabilization anchor box, which wasn't over the spots. I was thinking anywhere reasonably inside the disc would be okay, but maybe a spot gives it more to work with?

Archived