Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadir region in Cygnus

Jessun

Here's one I battled with with my OSC. It truly came to nothing. But that's nothing a ha layer can't mask!

The Moon as you know is up there, and I have strayed away a bit I think from acceptable star color - maybe because the OSC data was a bit weak, so let's call this one work in progress.

There are some interesting structures in the area, right in the cross of Cygnus, and my FOV does not do it justice.

2 hours 4 minutes OSC and 2 hours 00 minutes Ha. I still go for 10 minute subs for the ha. Kit in sig.

Thanks for looking!

/Jesper

gallery_16323_1516_2174523.png

And the Ha on its own:

gallery_16323_2721_1707958.png

I think that what happens with HaRGB star colour is that the outer parts of the stars have fairly stong Ha signal and this reddens any blue fringes into magenta. There are various fixes, the simplest being to colour select these magentas and restore the colour balance by lowering the reds. Or you can make a copy bottom layer, globaly alter the CB till the stars look right (forget the rest of the image) then do a star selection on the top layer and erase the top stars. Some fiddling with 'expand and feather' of the star selection is necessary.

Anyway, nice image, genty processed.

You really must get a decent mount... :grin:

Olly

Thanks fellas, and a good tip Olly!

Not all mounts can cope with an 80mm refractor you know. We're talking 5lbs OTA weight here, and that's without the red dot finder! I maintain that I needed that mount :tongue: !

/Jesper

Of course! I'd entirely forgotten the red dot finder. Silly me. :grin:

Olly

Archived