Finding prime focus on a Skywatcher Heritage 114p Virtuoso?

Have been dabbing a bit with astro-photographing for a year, getting a break trough when I bought a Tokina 400 mm late-1980 tele lens, capable of descent asto imaging at f8. However, it proved to not handle nebulas particular well, since its not a true ED but what Tokina called a SD glas.  Am also using a Skywatcher Az GOTO mount, an AltAz but stable, allowing for max AltAz exposure times. 

Since I am currently into nebulas, I need a faster wide area tube; but after looking around, finding a field worthy one, I came up empty. Those I found was rejected by more knowledgeable club members or weighted to much for my mount.  But then I saw at my "local" astro shop, Skywatcher having the Heritage Vituoso with a fast 114 mm parabolic mirror, according to the sales info to be a photo combo. That it wasn't an pure OTA, byt with another AltAz mount was an issue, but the price was still less than half of the few f-8 alternatives that turned up, so the back account was emptied. 

Two days ago, it arrived, a neat tube, a bit smaller than my 127 mm Skywatcher Mak, light, very field worthy, me happy as a lark. That until I attached my Nex-5 camera, that is. 

Distance prime focus was somewhere 1 cm down the focuser,  definitely not a photo tube as the description indicated  (yes, they meant the camera mount added, but that was not obvious).  I tested it, took of the T-mount and held the camera flush against the ocular mount ring and succeeded to focus on a tree 150 m / 500 feet away. What I could judge, the tube has no vignetting, is fast, gave (for a hand held test) a good quality, aka., it seems to have good photo properties.  

But question is, is it even an idea trying to raise the mirror or to return it?  How big is the risk that Skywatcher had grinded the mirror to the exact current position, making a move counter productive, destroying the optic properties?  What I can see here, no-one here seem to have tried this with this tube.  

Whats the fora's take on this?  

For those wondering the same thing as me, I took a closer look of the innards of the tube, seems that the primary mirror is glued, no collimation screws or other visible mirror fasteners. Collimation seems to be in secondary mirror only.

A pity on an interesting "wide field" field tube, many hailing (same as Sky-Watcher Skymax 114p) as a very high quality visual tube.  But it goes back as not suitable for primary focus photographing. 

Archived