SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

September imaging from Czech

zakky2k

Hi All, I've had an excellent week during the beginning of September for imaging, but now it seems like the weather wont be recovering anytime soon, so thought I'd share my progress.

I'm still using the SX Superstar as my main imaging camera until I can afford a larger, cooled CCD, so I tried some mosaics to increase the apparent field of view. 

Two main surprises for me were the Eagle nebula still being visible (albeit close to the horizon) now that I've trimmed a few southern trees  in the garden, and Orion's M42 being respectably high enough for pre-dawn imaging.

http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/album/2732-september-2013/

Thanks for looking!

Zak

Thanks Baggywrinkle! I love the Veil complex too and especially the Cirrus part, some very delicate structure  to be had... Its looking like there might be a break in the clouds for me tomorrow night and then again Monday night, so fingers crossed I'l be able to capture more data.

Archived