Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
gustavo_sanchez

Problems w/ Colors in Motion in Nebulosity

Hello to all,

Can somebody let me know what to do if I get the following warning message? The frames were captured with Nebulosity and normalized, but after selecting the first alignment star, Nebulosity asks me for the CIM threshold, and then I get the error. I am doing something wrong? I tried using Nebulosity 2 and also Nebulosity 3.1.8. The camera is a color Atik 314L+. The number of frames stacked is 12.

post-7899-0-97885400-1379471350.jpg

Sorry I can't help you, I've only just started using Nebulosity myself. I wonder if there's a step you have to go through to debayer the image first.

I had a look at the manual when this was first posted but did not see anything too obvious. 12 fames is a very low number to make the process worthwhile according to the manual and it is also very processor intensive.

From skimming the manual I felt there were a few things that have to happen in an order. You might have to trawl through the detail to find an answer. Failing that, drop the same message as your posting here to Craig Stark and see if he has any thoughts

I use Nebulosity 3.10 and have not encountered any such errors.

Did you pre-process prior to normalizing?  Don't know if it would help, but it's all I've got.

dave

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tom Shinal
      Can Nebulosity and Ph.D operate simultaneously and share a single camera. Running Win 10.

• By alynwallace
      Hi guys,

Bit of a lurker here but time for a first post as I've scoured every corner of the internet and cannot find the exact info I'm after.

My style of shooting is more landscape astrophotography over deep space and I really want to be able to photograph Orion using a wide angle lens (eg. Samyang 24mm) on either a Canon 6D or a Sony A7SII and pick up the nebulosity.

I have a tracking mount (Star Adventurer Mini) and am familiar with stacking images. I was wondering if a light pollution filter would help my cause here as I've read they can help boost nebulosity.

Started to get my head in a twist with all the various filters and different types of nebulosity. I really don't want to modify either camera as I use them both for daytime landscape work too.

The Samyang 24mm has a 77mm thread on the front, would something like a Hoya Red Intensifier be beneficial to my aims? Is there a better front threaded filter available for what I want? Or is a clip-in filter better?

Any help much appreciated,
      Alyn
    • By astrosathya
      I have a QHY9 mono CCD and a CFW2 wheel. I tried using nebulosity V3 to control the rig, but soon realized I needed a script to run the wheel. Would someone please know how to obtain one?
    • By Tim
      Quite often I will start an image and not get time to finish it before the telescope being used has to move on.
      That is the case with this one, which is just 3 test exposures with a small refractor and Atik 11000. Usually the data just sits on my hard drive, going nowhere, but by chance I opened one of the exposures in Pixinsight and hit CTRL+A, and the auto-stretch feature revealed a bit more detail than I expected, so I just stacked the three images with no rejection to see what came out. Originally my intention was to frame a shot of the three main stars in Orion's belt, but the nebulosity and position of the horsehead nebula did not lend itself to a nicely composed picture.
      I definitely haven't gone for "pretty" here, but rather, with a drastic stretch of the outlying regions around the Horsehead, the image makes clear the density of the Hydrogen clouds in the area. We also get an idea of the amount of stars that get filtered out by comparing local areas within the image.
      Oddly enough, despite a personal propensity for pareidolia, and having imaged this area extensively for quite a while now, and even having a small contribution to this image https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap101005.html , I have never before noticed the looming Giraffe in the background.
      I shall look out for it in future though
      Tim

• By Mcrogers1
      Hello,

I just got  a little clear weather and thought I would try out the Mesu 200.
      If you use plate solving to find targets do you have to sync the Mesu 200 in your planetarium software accurately? I read that you have to sync with a  planetarium program. Can you just sync and be tracking at a sidereal rate? I'll be using ACP and don't plan on using the SKY X other than for the telescope sync function. The mount is moving faster than sidereal and the stars are moving quick on the frame and focus screen of Nebulosity. Not enough to blur but you can see movement at the 1 sec I have the camera set to take pictures.  What I get in Nebulosity is that after every 1 second exposure the stars move and I can't do a fine focus before they move off the small fine focus screen.
      I know that I'm doing something wrong. 
      Thanks for any help.

Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.