Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clavius area 9-16-13

SkyGibbon

Yeah that's lovely!  :smiley:   It's great to get this close in to the moon, you see just how many hundreds of thousands of craters there are, and it gives you a better idea of just how big some of the rocks that caused those larger craters must have been!  :eek:

That's a fantastic image, very sharp. How's your scope modded?

Hey Sam. I put in low profile Antares focuser, have an upgraded secondary, flocked the tube and added some Bob knobs collimation bolts. Oh, and upgraded the primary springs.

This was a U.S. Orion 200mm newt originally. I may also have the mirror refigured. Doing Suiters star testing, it seems to be between 1/4 and 1/6 wave primary.

Hey Sam. I put in low profile Antares focuser, have an upgraded secondary, flocked the tube and added some Bob knobs collimation bolts. Oh, and upgraded the primary springs.

This was a U.S. Orion 200mm newt originally. I may also have the mirror refigured. Doing Suiters star testing, it seems to be between 1/4 and 1/6 wave primary.

Wow that's a significant amount of work. A low profile focuser would have been a good move for the forward focus. :)

Archived