NAGLER TYPE 4... 17mm

boyfromlincs

The Nagler is about 360 grams heavier, so the difference is not huge. The 17T4 is a cracking good EP, but so is the Delos (I only have the 8, and that is very nice indeed). The real difference is FOV. For DSOs I generally prefer the 82 deg FOV of the Naglers, but for planetary work 68-72 deg is fine.

its a manual dob with ball bearing mount, i have the delos in 8 and 12 mm and as you say they are great eps.. just fancied a nagler with decent eye relief as i wear glasses.. come to think of it i have the panoptic in 27mm soit should be ok with the bit of extra weight.. thanks for ur help.. regards keith...

I would go for the Delos myself only because it costs less. I feel that is may well be a better eyepiece than the Nagler but only by a short head, at this level there are never going to be massive differences. The other issue is of course the smaller FOV but if you could live with that, go Delos.

I must point out I do not have these two but I do have many of the mates.

Alan

I have the 17.3mm Delos and I absolutely love it and would not hesitate to recommend it. :smiley:

As a guide for you I used it in my brothers 1500mm focal length scope last night and I could almost fit the double cluster in the FOV, obviously in the Nagler at 82 Deg there would be an even better fit.

Like Alan I do not have the Nagler to give a comparison  :smiley:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived