Incoming - TeleVue 26mm Nagler

Uplooker

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Well I am very impressed. I have been all over this EP and I cannot find any marks, scratches, blemishes  - it is like new. There are no marks on the barrel and there isn't even so much as a speck of dust on the optics. The box and all of its contents are immaculate.

The person i bought it off said that it was only a month old and only used once - I believe him, I believe him.

As I said previously, looking at the forecast it may be sometime until get first light.

Ian

We'll, still not had chance to try out my new purchase. Looking at lovely and clear blue skies now, tonight might be the night, but I have been caught out by that before. Clear skies just before dark and then pea soup thereafter, we shall see( no pun intended)

Ian

Hi Doug,

Yes, I am very pleased :grin: Sunday was the only opportunity I have had to use / try it, clouds and time have scuppered any plans I have had to use it again. I was using it will my F5 6" newt. The widefield views were great. I loved being able to take in the full glory of the double cluster.  The only downside, and the EPis not to blame for this, is that i need to use a Baader fine tuning ring attached to the EP to achieve focus as a result of fitting a revelation low-profile focuser to my scope last year. Does not spoil things just the flaff of having to fit it.

It cool to be able to move my eye around the EP to avail of the greater field of view and the stars being sharper to the edge :grin:

Ian

Glad you have received your new EP and  had first light. It is a stunning EP, which works very well in very fast scopes indeed. I really have no real argument for getting an EP between the 22T4 and the 31T5 with my current set-up (when has that stopped me :rolleyes::D), but if ever I get a  fast dob for which the 31T5 delivers nocturnal-lemur-type exit pupil, I will certainly get the 26T5.

I am even tempted to get the Dob just to have an excuse :D

Archived