Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Turn Left at Orion....

Caz

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inspired by this thread, I walked into my local Coles today, and bought a new copy of Nightwatch. I have looked in two places for Turn Left at Orion, but neither of the stores I was in had it.

I haven't looked at the star charts for a while, and they are even better than I remembered. I find having the book handy outside better than fiddling with a laptop would be. This is from blind prejudice, not from experience, but I think there's a lot to be said yet for paper and ink. The batteries can't die on me out in the field, although I will have to carry spares for my torch, eh?

I haven't spent a lot of time on Nightwatch other than reading the charts. Everything else in that book I have read hundreds of times over the last 50 years. I get the Canadian magazine SkyNews, which is edited by Dickinson, and has the same information about beginner's scopes and the nature of celestial objects repeated over and over.

Archived