New Televue

Pig

Well guys after much deliberation and though I am now the proud owner of a 31mm sparkling new Nagler :laugh:

I have decided to skip the 20mm ranges as my wonderful 17.3mm Delos give similar views with my scope :smiley:

I am not going to end with " well that's my spending done" because I have used that old chestnut 3 times to date :shocked:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations I'm sure you'll get some

Great deep sky observing done with that. Wouldn't mind a look through one of the premium glasses to see if I could justify the spend in the future. Let us know how you get on with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations I'm sure you'll get some

Great deep sky observing done with that. Wouldn't mind a look through one of the premium glasses to see if I could justify the spend in the future. Let us know how you get on with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I sure will kind sir :smiley: I have done quite a lot of digging and its the deep views I am after and I am sure it will not let me down :smiley:

Well done Shaun. We need to keep our economy floating!

Looking forward to a review. :)

Well it should be here tomorrow and as soon as I get the chance I will review it for all the folk that are interested :smiley:

Nice one Shaun :smiley:

Is this a good time to mention the forthcoming new range of eyepieces from Tele Vue that will ultimately replace the Naglers ?. The "Naglos" (provisional name) will have 85 degree fields of view, 20 mm of eye relief, be 50% lighter than the current Nagler equivalents and have eye lenses the size of saucers. They will deliver the neutrally tinted high transmission views of the Delos and Ethos and will be priced between £350 and £450 each.

Well it's just a prediction ...... :p:grin:

Thank you John :rolleyes:

Wouldn't that just be typical !!!

I cant complain I got a very good deal from Simon at the Widescreen centre and it turned out to be a tad cheaper than what Telescope House are offering it for :laugh:

The last time I said that I ended up spending about £1k. I too am not going to be making that mistake again.

Hope you enjoy your new eyepiece, I expect photos though :).

Thank you young Jonathan :smiley: you quote should have " for a few hours " & not a few months

As soon as it comes I will post a pic of my new eyepiece in the case with its kin :smiley:

Don't forget the obligatory tin of beans / can of beer for scale :smiley:

Believe it or not John I use female ankle weights ( to balance the cope not to tone the calf muscles ) that I attach to the underside of the dew shield with Velcro strips, it works a treat and they are almost invisible :grin: £4.00p for 3 half kilo's

Nice one Shaun :smiley:

Is this a good time to mention the forthcoming new range of eyepieces from Tele Vue that will ultimately replace the Naglers ?. The "Naglos" (provisional name) will have 85 degree fields of view, 20 mm of eye relief, be 50% lighter than the current Nagler equivalents and have eye lenses the size of saucers. They will deliver the neutrally tinted high transmission views of the Delos and Ethos and will be priced between £350 and £450 each.

Well it's just a prediction ...... :p:grin:

Damn you John! You had me dribbling lol!

My goodness, have they given you shares in TV yet? :D

Mind you, I have a few of my own and have just added a 5x PowerMate.

Congrats! I will never forget my first view through a 31mm Nagler. Exquisite.

Thank you luke

I am thinking of changing my name to Delos :smiley:

I honestly cannot wait to receive and use it :grin:

Shaun, any plans for a new scope? :evil:

Jonathan,

Not just yet as I am very happy with what I have but I have no doubts whatsoever I will buy another because of my love of astronomy and physics :smiley:

My strategy for buying quality eyepieces is mainly on the basis that they will suit any scope of reasonable quality and thus will not impose restrictions on type when that time comes. I think it will be a Dob though :evil:

Archived