SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SH2-132 in narrowband

Martin-Devon

Taken over 5 nights in late August - many of these were hazy/misty which is quite typical in Devon this time of year so the data was a bit messy. Anyhow, I managed to get 20 x 20 mins H-alpha and 14 x 20 mins OIII, and processed these as OHO (=RGB) followed by Hubble palette conversion. I was inspired to have a shot at this target by Sara's nice image posted a couple of months ago.

It's a good narrowband target, rich in H-alpha and OIII so I'd encourage others to have a go at this one as well.

Thanks for looking,

Martin

9712247930_9099fbce2a_c.jpg

Thanks for the comments everybody - much appreciated. I know that the colours are strong & vibrant, which may not be to everybody's taste - many times the colours with narrowband images are like this, they can divide opinion since there is a lot of flexibility on colour choice and strength.

Martin

• 3 years later...

Hi Martin 

Seems that everyone who processes this target my nemesis target is far more capable of producing a nice version.  The stars are handled very well (the bit i could not do at all) and the colours are very striking.  Nice to see some data from you not seen any for a while.  Hope all is well with you.

Paddy

Archived