Your favourite bit of Baader kit is...

Luke

Wow, so many different answers, including some bits I have that I'd forgotten about, like the Wonder Fluid, and a few things that I'd like now that you mention them :eek::grin: A click-lock on the back of my SCT would be lovely.

I vote the ND solar film as the best value astronomy anything.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree with the ClickLock SCT back Luke. I got one for my mak a little while ago and finally I have a setup where I'm not scared of the diagonal suddenly rotating and depositing an expensive ep on the ground. It's very reassuring.

Stu

Baader stuff is all generally sound. I find the 8-24 clickstop zoom the most flexible eyepiece I have and it get's used a lot for many different things, so I guess you could call it a favourite of mine. I also like the wonder fluid which I can use on all my eyepieces and refractors. :)

BGO 7mm (I only have the 5mm and 7mm - wish I'd bough the set when they were still available) - my favourite single ep.

Baader steeltrack on my Skylight 100 f13 - best focuser on any of my scopes.

Hyperion Zoom MkIII (but like Luke, I find the 8mm setting very "soft" too) - possibly my most used bit of kit.

I've also got some filters, the 2.25x Barlow, wonderfluid etc. - I find Baader stuff well built and generally very dependable.

Archived