Narrowband

Hello one and all.

Fip

Hello, great to be on board at last! I am an utter 'newby' and as such will have many questions that I look forward to getting help with on here. I have been looking at some threads over the last few months and everybody seems very keen and willing to help. This is very reassuring! In the meantime, though, I have a very bad picture of Saturn that I took with what looks like a very strange massive object some distance away. Where and how should I post this to see if anybody can shed some light on it? Many thank yous!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, what a very warm welcome! Thank you all very much. I am a little busy at the moment but indeed have many questions and the need of advice that I will beg your help with in due course!

Any suggestions as to where I should post this picture on here? I didn't just want to start posting things [removed word] nilly! I'd really like to find out what this object is. In fact, there is another body in the picture that I'm not sure of too.

Just a quick insight into my 'equipment'. I bought a second hand Celestron PowerSeeker 127 at the beginning of the year. I'm not sure it worked put as a great buy, although it was cheap! I have been taking some pictures using my Sony Cybershot compact and a Digiscoping bracket with some relatively successful results, considering the set-up. My initial attempts were made just holding the camera up to the lens. It was all very exciting, despite it's primitive state! I am looking to get the set-up I would ideally like soon so will inevitably ask for some advice with this.

Again, thank you all for you messages! Smiley face, clear skies etc etc!

Archived