SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SCB2000 shopping list

hoops86

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my bits and bobs ordered short of a psu for the camera.  :grin: From the spec on samsungs website I've worked out it only draws 0.3A so I'm hoping the 12V 1A PSU I've got kicking around still works.

Star party at Kelling Heath at the weekend to try it all out......Happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I know have my HEQ5 and my scb2000. Just a quick question about filter removal..........

I have the filter and its housing removed........should I put the filter housing back on (for added protection of the ccd) or keep it off ?

cheers

jack

I was hoping you guys would say that cos I've already put it back on. lol.

I had to take out the whole pcb so I could undo the screws for the IR filter so was a little nervous putting it back together.......it still works fine. :grin: 

I'll get a pic uploaded once I get a clear night.

thanks for all your help and advice so far.

:icon_salut:  :icon_salut:  :icon_salut:  :icon_salut:

Great news...bit scary thinking you may destroy a piece of kit you have just bought...took me weeks to pluck up the courage to attempt and then found the screws holding the filter were really tight little gits and screw heads were chewing. ......advice..use decent quality screwdriver. ...but in the end its a very quick easy mod that makes a huge difference to the camera for astronomy use....remember to fit an astronomy ir filter to telescope adapter nosecone for even Better results. ...Davy..

Archived