Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

INDI Linux & OSX ATIK Drivers up!

NickK

Pushing boundaries means starting somewhere! Only thing is software costs someone something.

Not keen on indi personally but it does support SX too on mac.. Installing macports is akin to installing Linux on you machine! Although I may be biased!

• 3 months later...

Nick,

I posted this already on indilib forum, but I would like to hear your opinion as well. It seems there is a huge difference in images taken with Windows driver coming from Atik and Linux drivers:

post-26662-0-25554800-1388788824_thumb.j

Any idea where this might come from? These pictures are taken from the same setup just using Lin and Win respectively. Acquisition time is the same. It seems linux driver doesn't turn the amp of or sth like that :( My camera is Atik 314L (without plus).

Cheers,

milosz

It seems the image is reflected (mirrored down the centre) and has the amp left on, it looks like there's some scaling issue too but this could be the pixinsight scaling.

So in short - the amp glow was fixed in the mac drivers in the last release (thanks to James@FLO for detecting this) and was originally introduced into my own drivers at this point..

Knowing the drivers backwards having rewritten the entire lot.. the INDI folks claim that their code is not based off my drivers.. but I know the original code was supplied to them and that it had this bug in whereas the original (which is used by windows) doesn't have this bug. So if they've written their code based off mine then they need to disable the amp whilst the image is being captured (I know where that problem was in the OSX drivers but if Cloudbusters recoded then I don't know where it will be in their code). Coincidence?

So a simple fix and Peter (cloudbusters) should have no trouble adding it (it is literally a one line change).

Let me wander over to the INDIlib forums and answer there - Peter can pick that up quicker.

It seems the image is reflected (mirrored down the centre) and has the amp left on, it looks like there's some scaling issue too but this could be the pixinsight scaling.

I think mirroring in ArtemisCapture 'feature'. I can't compare it with MaxIm for example, but I heard some people noticed that. But the flip isn't a big deal I guess :)

Peter reports that the bug is fixed. I will try to confirm that tomorrow.

Cheers,

milosz

It sounds almost too good to be true... lol

Now we just need to find a good Linux sofware.

There is Ekos.

Features:

• Control your telescope, CCD (& DSLRs), filter wheel, focuser, guider, adaptive optics unit, and any IND-compatible auxiliary device from Ekos.
  • Extremely accurate GOTOs using astrometry.net solver (both Online and Offline solvers supported).
  • Load & Slew: Load a FITS image, slew to solved coordinates, and center the mount on the exact image coordinates in order to get the same desired frame.
  • Measure & Correct Polar Alignment errors using astromety.net solver.
  • Auto and manual focus modes using Half-Flux-Radius (HFR) method.
  • Automatic focus between exposures when a user-configurable HFR limit is exceeded.
  • Auto guiding with support for automatic dithering between exposures and support for Adaptive Optics devices in addition to traditional guiders.
  • Batch capture of images with optional prefixes, timestamps, and filter wheel selection.
  • Automatic abort and resumption of exposure tasks if guiding errors exceed a user-configurable value.
  • Complete integration with KStars Observation Planner and SkyMap
  • Integrate with all INDI native devices.

There is Ekos.

Features:

• Control your telescope, CCD (& DSLRs), filter wheel, focuser, guider, adaptive optics unit, and any IND-compatible auxiliary device from Ekos.
  • Extremely accurate GOTOs using astrometry.net solver (both Online and Offline solvers supported).
  • Load & Slew: Load a FITS image, slew to solved coordinates, and center the mount on the exact image coordinates in order to get the same desired frame.
  • Measure & Correct Polar Alignment errors using astromety.net solver.
  • Auto and manual focus modes using Half-Flux-Radius (HFR) method.
  • Automatic focus between exposures when a user-configurable HFR limit is exceeded.
  • Auto guiding with support for automatic dithering between exposures and support for Adaptive Optics devices in addition to traditional guiders.
  • Batch capture of images with optional prefixes, timestamps, and filter wheel selection.
  • Automatic abort and resumption of exposure tasks if guiding errors exceed a user-configurable value.
  • Complete integration with KStars Observation Planner and SkyMap
  • Integrate with all INDI native devices.

I'm using it already :-)

Archived