SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

what a basic digi cam can do...

Andrew*

Having trouble with the Atik, and I'm waiting on my SLR film to come back from the developers, so here are some very quick digi-cam shots I've taken

2803_normal.jpeg

1/1250 seconds at f/5.5. full optical and digital zoom. Tweaked for contrast, desaturated and cropped. That moon of ours is rather small, actually...

2804_normal.jpeg

15secs at f/2.6, single image, just sitting on its back. Heavily tweaked to get rid of the majority of background noise. Unfortunately this meant comet holmes (top left) was lost.

I know they're nothing special, but still - it's just a bog standard compact digi....

Cheers

Andrew

The image scale is stunning though.

I find it amazing what can be done these days without the "right" kit.

For example Andrew has had grea results without a scope. You have great results with a camera.

But I supose that things do move on, for example you phone is what 3.1mp? My first camera that I took all of my great moon pics with a only 2.2mp.

So your phone is now larger that my orignal camera :shock:

Ant

Archived