Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

SiriusB

Mini Messier marathon.

It's been a cracking night here, best one i've had in 2yrs or more.

I knew i was onto a winner when i picked up the veil nebula, pretty much mission impossible 364nights a yr with my gear & location.

Seemed pretty much anything i pointed the scope at popped into view,shame i'm a bit rusty.

seen, in no particular order m103,52,56,57,92,13,15,36,37,38,35,1,74,77,45,33,31,32,110,81,82,27,76,78,42,43.

Just couldn't get over the clarity tonight, even m74 a piece of cake!

More please :smiley:

• Like 2

Sounds like a productive evening,

Very interesting is your equipment, nothing appears bigger the the 127 Skymax. Can I assume that you saw all these on that or smaller diameter equipment?

Well done, great what can be done with good transparency - and I assume light pollution is low if you can manage the Veil and M74 easily. A 5" scope can show a huge amount under those conditions.

All seen with st120 or st102, skymax despite larger nominal aperture falls somewhere between the two on D.S.

I wouldn't say LP low,edge of town location, transparency was just excellent~ m74 normally a struggle to see, never mind the veil.

A good night, everyone needs one of those once in a while. :smiley:

It's been a cracking night here, best one i've had in 2yrs or more.

I knew i was onto a winner when i picked up the veil nebula, pretty much mission impossible 364nights a yr with my gear & location.

Seemed pretty much anything i pointed the scope at popped into view,shame i'm a bit rusty.

seen, in no particular order m103,52,56,57,92,13,15,36,37,38,35,1,74,77,45,33,31,32,110,81,82,27,76,78,42,43.

Just couldn't get over the clarity tonight, even m74 a piece of cake!

More please :smiley:

I am jealous, some going that!!! i'd be happy with just one of those views please!