Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6888 with Modded 450D first light

Daniel-K

at last took me a few hours to do this one but im getting there with masks and layers. First light with my self modded 450d. the skys were very good last night got to around 1AM and some cloud came in but held on for 40 min then it broke again so stayed out till 4 :D the fault came back to the camera when i had to change the battery so i manged to get it running again by just put the battery in and out a few times.its going into the shop next week to sort that out. Barry was running the 150PDS on his HEQ5 on M27 and Austin was running his 200PDS on his NEQ6 on NGC7635 and then NGC7023 we had a great night been a while since the gang have been together.

i feel the image lacks a little sharpness any advice would be great

camera: Modded 450D no LP filter

Scope: ED80 WO FF running at F6

Mount : NEQ6

Guiding: NONE all subs unguided

Subs: 120sec= 2HRS

ISO: 800

Darks:26

Dan

post-6284-0-61882000-1378648644_thumb.pn

combined my data from the unmodded and the modded 3 hors total. needs some work was a very rough process just to see what was there will spend so time over the next days learning to sharpen my stars :D pleased with it though

post-6284-0-05809500-1378671452_thumb.pn

That's a damn fine capture for 2 minute subs, you are picking up plenty of H-alpha and the colour and shape of the stars looks good too.

It's always amazing how much of a difference modding the camera makes to what you pick up.

With more time you'll drop away the noise and hopefully get more h-alpha out of the nebula itself.

Your polar alignment must be good, I never managed more than about 60 seconds unguided : (

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Dan that's a good capture of a very difficult target.I remember doing this one with my dslr (modded) I used 300secs guided and upped the iso to 1600 to try and capture any of the outer shell I didn't succeed.I think it may be worth upping the iso if the noise isn't to bad though

Archived