Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

hi guys i took this image last night and am very pleased with the result. the one problem i am having though is red stars. Is there anything i can do to remove the redness from them without affecting the nebula itself. My camera which is an orion g3 colour camera always takes pictures with a preference to increased red balance.

Please help :)

post-13301-0-15869100-1378410322_thumb.j

I find longer subs helps. No need to do as much stretching to get the data out, which I find makes stars bloated and red.

For a quick fix,isolate the nebula and play with the Hue/Saturation,reducing the reds and increasing the blues in the background.

post-849-0-70974000-1378503004_thumb.jpg

you really need to do a star mask so that when your stretching the background or working on the nebula it doesnt work the stars the same time, the results are worth sitting through and reading the tutorials. this was my last image i took the subs were only 90 secs and managed 1hr 40 min worth but it was the first time i tried using a star mask and im very pleased with my result.Theres a few videos on youtube good luck and hope this helps

Dan

post-6284-0-99756200-1378536771_thumb.pn