SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mounts for video

johnno

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone in here kow the ioptron 8500b?

The specification regarding weight is similar to the SW az Goto, but the construction would prevent the tube from bumping into the mount.

The reviews I saw where mixed though, some claim it is very rigid, some the complete opposite...

Hello Johnno, with which telescope was that video recorded?

If I had to guess it looks larger then with the native 650mm FL;

But I have not done much with the cam yet :-)

As i want to use the mount with the 130p and the PD cam, it should be a stable solution, but of course I'd be willing to compromze to some extend - as long as it works :-)

As suggested before I did make a thread in the mounts-section, no response so far; There is a used Nexstar SE 2 on another forum right now, but it has a few broken parts and quirks, not sure I want to tinker with it even if it's a little more rigid.

On the other hand, I'd be willing to work on a mount to increase stability, but of course buying one that fits would be best ;-) 

Marcus, this was with the Mak 127 and no barlow.   This is the video from the snapshot above.

and has you can see there is some mount shake, maybe if I added some weight to the mount and shortened the legs it might become more stable,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tfc475/10139267644/

Thanks!

If it would shake like this I should probably should avoid the SWazSC mount? :-(

At least for 10-20s deepsky integration this would make it troublesome;

Also the 127/1500 seems to weigh about the same as the h130p tube but is shorter I recon.

On the other hand the focal length of the h130p is only 650mm...

I was planning on leaving the tripod legs retracted completely and add weight to the center plate as I read a lot of time.

One thing I successfully avoided was ordering the Mercury 70/700 az Goto, ad I found out coincidentally that this Skywatcher set has a lighter version of the Az Synscan Goto.

Too bad, it would have been only 7€ more expensive then the sand alone mount :-)

I still cant find a review of the iOptron 8500b that really conclusive and does not seemed hype or sponsored.

The payload for the 8500b is only 7lbs, I did read somewhere that this mount or similar suffers from the wobblies too,

Think it was someone in the states that did the review on one of the cubes

Thanks for the info, 7lbs would be too low then :-)

Teleskop-Exrpess states 5kg/11lbs

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p4838_iOptron-Cube-8500B---GoTo-Reisemontierung-mit-Stativ.html

So the same as the SW Az Synscan Goto

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p4622_Skywatcher-GoTo-Mount-AZ-SynScan-GoTo-for-Telescopes-to-5kg.html (5kg, see title)

Other stores state different weights/limits.

Confusing :-(

Too bad, the cube solution would be nice to have full movement range.

i think originally it was 11lbs but the reviewers said it could not cope with that weight.

If remember rightly, the reviewer was given the mount by ioptron to test so maybe they changed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Archived