BackyardEOS - unable to start capture?

I understand the official support forum for BackyardEOS is their Yahoo Group, but for whatever reason yahoo is refusing to let me join the group.

I've got a Canon XS/1000D and BackyardEOS. This is my first time using it, so I just wanted to play around with the software.

Hitting "Start Capture" briefly flashes "ABORTING" on the right hand window, followed by "BUSY" and then the capture is aborted.

This is in my log:

12:04:33 Imaging session started.

12:04:35 Imaging session cancelled

12:04:35 ERROR EDS_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR : EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(CameraRef, 2, 0)

12:04:37 Imaging session cancelled

I have the camera set to Manual mode. The live view appears to also work fine under Frame and Focus.

Thanks for any help

This is odd, I don't have any pending membership request on the group :(

This is the start bulb command; here is a few things to check.

1) If you have a memory card, remove it and set BYE to save to PC only. You may have to set your in-camera menu to allow taking pictures without a card.

2) If you have in-camera mirror lock disable it and see what it does.

3) If you have BYE virtual mirror lock on disable it and see what is does.

4) Is your "Cable Select" option in BYE set to "In-camera" or is it set to use a COM port by mistake?

Is this a reoccurred error you get of just a one off?

What version of BYE are you using?

Let me know how it goes. However, as a vendor I can not push/promote BYE here so I'm threading a fine line by posting here. So, if you see me not responding for future post send me a direct email at backyardeos@yahoo.com

Kind regards,

Guylain

It appears I may be silly. Having the camera on MANUAL and BYE on BULB makes this happen

STEP 2...I meant to say...

2) If you have in-camera mirror lock enabled please disable it and see what it does.

Sorry for the confusion.

Guylain

Archived