First Jupiter this season

si@nite

Nice one Simon. Was this RGB with the mono cam?

Pete

Thanks Pete, yes the first one was lrgb 1000 frames each channel but really pushed the processing, the second shot was rgb but looks to have come out better to me, but the seeing was dreadful so I should not be too disappointed lol!

Blimmey Simon how did you find a break in the Derbyshire clouds hehe. Been terrible here last 2 weeks / months just down the road from you.

Nice capture. Like the sharp detail you captured. Any reason why the 2nd image is smaller than the first?

I'm looking forward to the new Jupiter season as I just missed it last year. I have never seen the GRS through the scope yet so looking forward to that.

Good luck with the weather Simon and clear skies.

Hi Simon. I too have found my first attempts difficult. Looks like you had bad seeing indeed. Not sure if you imaged right into daylight. But as Stuart mentions that's often where the images calm somewhat. you did as good as the seeing allowed. I prefer the softer second shot. it has less artifacts. though of course with less detail.

Archived