Narrowband

Jupiter GRS Sept 4th

Space Cowboy

Very nice IR and Colour Combo Stuart and nice composition with the GRS. I've been trying to stay up and catch this as it rises, and hadn't really considered getting out as late as 6, but think I'll have to follow your lead and sneak out early to bag my first Jupiter of the year. I'll have to strip the filterwheel and clean the IR-PASS filter, which has some great big fat dust bunnies. What barlow/focal length are you using to get this image scale?

Thanks guys! Jake it was a 3x barlow. Seems I was in a clear patch with fog all around.

Here is an image using PIPP to generate a 13000 frame avi and stacked 4000.

Colour cam;

gallery_4016_230_40.png

EZ planetary capture software splits avis into 6000 frame segments which is quite annoying lol

Thanks Simon there seems quite a lot of noise which I'm guessing is caused by the daylight as gain was only 50-60% so the extra frames have smoothed things out.

Cheers Alan yes both QHY cams were used for the combo image. I plan to do one more comparison with the DFK on Jupiter and unless the QHY cam is poorer (evidence so far tells me it wont be) I shall be selling my DFK.

Fog usually means good seeing James unless as you say its in your garden lol

Hi Stuart. Off to a good Start I see. Some nice detail inside the GRS. Colour is weird in daylight shooting isn't it. Blue goes hay wire I know. Though it can be manipulated a bit. The shots are somewhat blue deficient. trying to do a reg rgb balance seems to brighten the sky background way too much. ( Not sure if you found this ? ) if so, a good guide is to put them on reg do a rgb balance check. Then just go to analyzer or whatever RGB software you like, and manually copy the settings you saw on the reg rgb balance test. On analyzer you get a nice adjustment. but without the horrid blue sky background. I also adjusted the blue edges a tad. Example added. Ive imaged recently, twice results were pretty nasty. Though I may post up just for a chat with everyone. its a been awhile hasn't it. Nice one on the recent shots. if your getting detail inside the GRS this early. Then your game must be improved. post-2700-0-46382800-1378437202_thumb.pn

Thanks Neil! That colour looks better for sure.

I need to get these loaded onto my pc as its hard seeing whats going on using my netbook. The captures were rather rushed as the daylight set in so the colours started off bad. Thats my only issue with the colour QHY cam as it needs more manual manipulation on the WB than the DFK.

The IR has brought out the GRS detail quite nicely and hopefully in proper darkness the extra contrast will make things pop that bit more.

Archived