Yet another polar alignment question sry - Polaris transit

Hi all,

Please bear with me as I am at work on a course and have no access to my stuff but this has been bugging me.

A while ago I updated my NEQ6 synscan handset to v3.35. Previously I used the setting circles and the time the handset gave me for polaris transit to get a reasonably accurate polar alignment.

When I ran through the info the handset needed it previously would give me the last time polaris was in transit. This was missing and my polar alignment was way off even after a two star alignment.

Is the transit time still there somewhere and is it just a case of me being unfamiliar with the changed layout?

Many thanks in advance

Dave

The polaris transit time was supplied by the synscan handset on an earlier version prior to me updating the firmware to v3.35.

It was given just after the point you put whether you are currently in daylight savings time or not and looked like this:

Polaris HA=19:30

It baffled me as I took the scope out to the garden on a whim after a few beers. That probably didn't help matters :tongue:

Hi Dave ,I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't show the info after switching on

I think if you select start from home position the mount doesn't show the polaris info as it thinks the mount has not been moved since last use hence no need to polar align again but I may be wrong . Hth

Hi Dave ,I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't show the info after switching on

I think if you select start from home position the mount doesn't show the polaris info as it thinks the mount has not been moved since last use hence no need to polar align again but I may be wrong . Hth

I think this is it.

James

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Dis you find an answer to this as I have just encountered the same problem since upgrading my firmware on Synscan. The transit time does not appear anymore and when I go to the utility menu as instructed in the manual it is not there either,

Can you help,

regards,

Steve

Archived