SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What 10mm eyepiece for an Evostar 100ED DS-Pro?

jonathan

My old Celestron X-Cel 10mm is OK for the 8SE but perhaps I would want something better in this range for the f9 100ED. Suggestions? I don't want to go mad, maybe up to around £100. I have a 5mm X-Cel LX which ought to be OK, I think. If I can stick to the Celestrons it should maintain some consistency in my collection, are the Luminos's a good choice for this scope? Should they also improve views in my 8SE and 150P?

My old Celestron X-Cel 10mm is OK for the 8SE but perhaps I would want something better in this range for the f9 100ED. Suggestions? I don't want to go mad, maybe up to around £100. I have a 5mm X-Cel LX which ought to be OK, I think. If I can stick to the Celestrons it should maintain some consistency in my collection, are the Luminos's a good choice for this scope? Should they also improve views in my 8SE and 150P?

I like my Luminos @ f7 so they should be good in your f9.Thing is the ES 82 are popular and the price is right...$99.00 USD,20 bucks cheaper than Luminos & more people like the ES 82,so I would check them out.Some say the ES 82 handle shorter focal ratios better.

F/9 or F/10 doesn't make much difference, I would say. What works well in an F/10 SCT should work well in an F/9 frac. The Luminos sport a larger FOV but smaller eye relief if memory serves. I am not sure the quality will be way superior.

Unfortunately prices are not the same over here, the 11mm 82 Explorer Scientific is listed on one UK website for about £30 more than the Luminos 10mm.

If you buy one from Hands On Optics, they're $115 shipped, which equates to about £74. Inc VAT (20%), Import Duty (4%) and PO handling (£8) they land on your doorstep for £100.35p, give or take a few pence.

Buying them from Explorescientific.de, means no additional taxes, but the higher EU price means they land at about £122.

Mind you, you should see what a Luminos costs from the USA.

Russell

Archived